**UPDATE - 10/22**
The Collective and its current supporters renew their request that the Administration return to the negotiating table toward a mutually-beneficial resolution to this dispute. The Collective invites any and all supporters to join it in DEMANDING that the Administration to cease its attack and roll back the eviction process. We note that this is not the first time that the UCSD Co-ops have been threatened with completely unjustified evictions. On more than one occasion students have been compelled to physically occupy and sit-in at the Co-ops to block eviction attempts by the University.
Read our latest press release here to learn more about the court decision
**UPDATE - 9/30**
We've started a new petition to "THE UCSD ADMINISTRATION AND THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA" to drop the eviction proceedings and return to the negotiating table. Each online signature will be sent to the UC Board of Regents, the UCSD Chancellor, the UC President, all of the UCSD Vice Chancellors, the University Centers Director, the Graduate Students Council, the Associated Students Council, and the University Centers Advisory Board. We want ALL of them to get thousands of emails to stop the eviction!
The Che is alive but fighting an eviction lawsuit that was recently filed by UCSD. The collective and its supporters are challenging the lawsuit and the underlying lease termination as unfair and improper.
In case you aren't caught up to speed, click here to read our latest press release.
Here are a few ways you can show your support and contribute to saving the space:
- Make a donation or plan a fundraiser. Even a small donation
helps and is greatly appreciated!
- Sign the online petition (over 11,700 signatures so far):
- Encourage UCSD students, faculty, and alumni to get involved, and to utilize the Che Café as a show venue, meeting place, community center, and safe space.
- Write a letter/email to UCSD administration. A list of addresses
and emails are available at the links below and online.
- Come to a meeting, show or event at the Che, volunteer at the che, or join the Che Café Support Network!
Instagram/Twitter : @thecheafe #SAVETHECHE